My journey into UX design began after several successful years as a Front End Developer. While coding provided me with a solid foundation in digital landscapes, I soon realized that my true calling was in understanding and enhancing the way users interact with technology. This realization ignited my transition into the captivating realm of UX design, where I’ve been thriving ever since.
Throughout my career, I’ve had the privilege of working on diverse projects, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and solving complex design challenges. I believe that great design is not just visually appealing but also deeply functional, intuitive, and capable of making a meaningful impact on people’s lives.
I have an iterative, flexible, and open-minded approach to design. I am comfortable sketching concepts collaboratively with the team during a sprint and working independently to produce interactive prototypes; finalizing the details of a design, or working on high-level strategy and planning – and all stages in between.
- A deep understanding of User-Centered Design processes, including Visual Design and Interaction Design.
- Experienced in conducting research methods, including user interviews, usability tests, competitive analysis, and target user research.
- Experienced in facilitating ideation workshops, including Design Sprints and Design Thinking.
- Extensive knowledge of working methodologies including Lean UX, Agile, and Scrum.
- Friendly, approachable, communicative, and questioning. I don’t work in a silo.
- I take great pride in what I do
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Expedia (Hotels.com)
- Financial Times